The track is your road.
WSBK IN DEPTH
PirellI’s contribution to make the competition balanced and compelling
The MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship organised by Dorna is definitely the most important example of how racing is Pirelli's preferred R&D platform. Pirelli has been the Sole Official Tyre Supplier for all classes of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship since 2004, and will run until 2018, a record in the history of motorsports making Pirelli the longest running sole tyre supplier at an international level.
Unlike other championships where prototype tyres are used, from the beginning Pirelli's philosophy has been that of designing, with the help of riders, competition products which can be used by motor cyclists in general. That's where the now-famous motto “We sell what we race, we race what we sell” stems from and the creation of the DIABLO™ range with historic tyres like the DIABLO™ Superbike used in the top class, and the DIABLO™ Supercorsa SC used in the Supersport, Superstock 1000, Superstock 600 and European Junior Cup classes, undisputed market leaders for years.
- 1Phillip Island: 24th - 26th February
- 2Chang: 10th - 12th March
- 3Motorland: 31st - 02nd April
- 4Assen: 28th - 30th April
- 5Imola: 12th - 14th May
- 6Donington: 26th - 28th May
- 7Misano: 16th - 18th June
- 8Mazda Raceway: 07th - 09th July
- 9Lausitzring: 18th - 20th August
- 10Autódromo Internacional do Algarve: 15th - 17th September
- 11Magny-Cours: 29th September - 01st Octomber
- 12TBA: TBA
- 13Losail: 02nd - 04th November