The track is your road.
WSBK IN DEPTH
PirellI’s contribution to make the competition balanced and compelling
The MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship organised by Dorna is definitely the most important example of how racing is Pirelli's preferred R&D platform. Pirelli has been the Sole Official Tyre Supplier for all classes of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship since 2004, and will run until 2018, a record in the history of motorsports making Pirelli the longest running sole tyre supplier at an international level.
Unlike other championships where prototype tyres are used, from the beginning Pirelli's philosophy has been that of designing, with the help of riders, competition products which can be used by motor cyclists in general. That's where the now-famous motto “We sell what we race, we race what we sell” stems from and the creation of the DIABLO™ range with historic tyres like the DIABLO™ Superbike used in the top class, and the DIABLO™ Supercorsa SC used in the Supersport, Superstock 1000, Superstock 600 and European Junior Cup classes, undisputed market leaders for years.
- 1Phillip Island: 26th - 28th February
- 2Chang: 11th - 13th March
- 3Motorland: 01st - 03rd April
- 4Assen: 15th - 17th April
- 5Imola: 29th April - 01st May
- 6Sepang: 13th - 15th May
- 7Donington: 27th - 29th May
- 8Misano: 17th - 19th June
- 9Mazda Raceway: 08th - 10th July
- 10Nilox: 22nd - 24th July
- 11EuroSpeedway: 16th - 18th September
- 12Magny-Cours: 30th September - 02nd Octomber
- 13Jerez: 14th - 16th Octomber
- 14Qatar: 28th - 30th Octomber