Pirelli, leader in the high-end segments with high technological content, aims at World Premium Leadership in 2015.
To achieve this objective, Pirelli will rely upon:
- the strength of its Brand – whose value was assessed to amount to 2.3 billion Euro at the end of 2011;
- an unprecedented extension of its Product Range through technological solutions developed in co-operation with its important partners and the know-how derived from Formula 1. In the next five years, Pirelli will launch 18 new products - a remarkable number when compared with the 16 products introduced in the last decade – that will account for 57% of its revenues in the Car Business by 2015;
- the development of communication channels – from digital marketing to CRM – as well as innovative distribution channels – Pirelli stores in the main cities – with the aim of consolidating its ties with Premium clients;
- the development of the Business in those Regions where Premium is expected to grow at higher rates - South America, MEA, Asia Pacific, Russia, where the average yearly growth rate between 2011 and 2015 is expected to range from 12% and 17%, as against 9.6% of the global Premium market
- a more efficient, Premium-oriented production structure, with increasingly new plants – in 2015, 64% of Pirelli Premium capacity will be provided by new plants – located in Countries where demand is growing and industrial costs are favourable – 69% of Pirelli Premium capacity will be located in low-cost countries. Local-for-local model adopted throughout the Group with the resulting cost advantages: in 2015, in each Region, an average of 82% of sales will be produced locally, as against 71% in 2011 (76% in 2012).