TYRES LONG LIFE
For your safety it is important to check your tyres regularly, at least once a month. Look for signs of damage or uneven wear because improper inflation pressures, misalignment, improper balance, or suspension malfunctions can affect the overall performance of your Pirelli tyre and endanger your safety. Always ask your nearest Pirelli tyre dealer for a check and assistance. Tyres are the only point of contact between your car and the road: so keep them in good shape.
- Remove the tyre valve cap
- Press the pressure gauge firmly onto the valve and control the pressure
- Add air until the recommended pressure level is reached
- If too much air is put in, let some air out by pressing the metal stem with your nail or the tip of a pen. Then repeat step 2.
- Replace the cap on the valve
- Repeat the operation on each tyre, including the spare tyre (The spare tryes pressure has to be slighty higher than the maximum value used for the tyres fitted on the vehicle For radial tyres: from +0,2 to 0,3 bar (+3 to +4,5 psi)
- Make sure that there are no nails or other bodies trapped that could make a hole in the tyre.
- Check the sidewalls of the tread to make sure that there are no cuts, convexity, nor any other imperfections and irregularities.
The correct maintenance of your tyres is a priceless operation. Air is
totally free and correct inflation pressure is the main secret for a
longer 'lifetime' for your tyres.
Insufficient inflation pressure is the main cause of tyre damage.
Extended lifetime and, as a result, excellent performance for a longer period of time, means concrete economic benefits, due to savings in tyre replacement costs and lower fuel consumption.
Correct inflation pressure also improves vehicle manoeuvrability, reducing the 'braking distance'.
A monthly check up is sufficient to keep the tyres at the correct inflation pressure.
It is a quick, yet fundamental way to control the health of your tyres and is important for your driving safety.
Tyre rotation is a simple and effective way to prolong the useful life of tyres by achieving more uniform wear.
Performance and driving safety are two key elements for Pirelli, that’s why we would like to share with you some small actions that will help you drive in total peace of mind and safety.
- Pressures should be periodically checked on cold tyres (including the spare).
Never "bleed" or reduce air pressure when tyres are hot from driving, as it is normal for pressure to increase above recommended cold pressures
- Tyres must be replaced when worn to the tread wear indicators, even if only in one part of the tread
- Check the car setting periodically and/or following impacts or irregular wear
- Balance the tyres periodically and/or when vibration occurs. Then repeat step 2
- When impacts and punctures occur have a check carried out on the inside of the tyre too
- Never park over patches of oil, solvents, etc., as they will caused tyre damage
- Comply with the speed rating and load index
- Radial tyres (even when new) must always be fitted on the rear axle; winter or studded must fitted in complete sets
- Driving style and speed directly affect tyre life
- Have the general tyre condition checked regularly by a reliable Dealer or by Pirelli Staff