The new Cinturato offers more mileage, lower rolling resistance and reduced wet braking distances – highlighted by its excellent score of ‘AA’under the new European tyre label legislation
Also at the show: the recently introduced Series 01 truck tyres, and Pirelli’s latest motorbike products
Pirelli has revealed the new Cinturato P7 Blue at the Essen tyre show, designed to offer cars with medium-sized engines increased mileage, reduced braking distances and lower rolling resistance. As well as this latest addition to the Cinturato family, Pirelli is exhibiting the latest products for cars, trucks and bikes at its stand.
CINTURATO P7 BLUE. The Cinturato range welcomes an important newcomer, shown for the first time in Germany this week. The new P7 Blue lines up alongside the existing P7: the very first ecological tyre for cars with medium-sized engines that was launched by Pirelli in 2009. The Cinturato P7 Blue shares its environmental approach and consistent performance with the original P7 – which was an instant success both in sales and road tests – but marks a step forward when it comes to wet braking and rolling resistance, offering an extended mileage at the same time.
The Cinturato P7 Blue, shown at Essen from June 5 to 8 in size 235/45R17 XL, is already available on the European market with the first sizes: the range calls for 16 by 2012. This latest tyre from Pirelli is directly derived from the Italian firm’s experiences in Formula One™. As well as sharing a name with Pirelli’s full wet F1™ tyre, the Cinturato P7 Blue uses the same research and modelling processes as its Formula One™ counterpart. The new tyre has been designed and developed with the help of sophisticated mathematical modelling simulations, which allow Pirelli’s engineers to assess the performance and reaction of the rubber under a huge range of different conditions.
THE OTHER TYRES AT ESSEN. Alongside the new Cinturato P7 Blue, Pirelli is also exhibiting at the Essen show that opens to the public today:
- Cinturato P7 (225/50 R 17) – green performance for cars with medium-sized engines;
- P Zero (225/40 R 18) – the Ultra High Performance tyre for supercars and sports saloons;
- Scorpion Verde (275/45 R 20) – The ecological high-performance tyre for SUVs and Crossover vehicles;
- Snowcontrol3 (205/55 16 91 H), Sottozero II (225/45 18 95V XL) and Scorpion Winter (275/45R20 XL) – winter tyres for city cars, high performance cars and SUVs respectively;
- P Zero Silver – the latest addition to the P Zero family, which uses technology and development processes seen in Formula One™. It has been created as an aftermarket product for sporting coupés and prestige saloons.
Pirelli is also displaying the latest Series 01 truck tyres at Essen, which benefit from the latest compound, structure and tread pattern innovations introduced by the research and development division:
- H:01 (315/70 R 22.5 FH:01 for steered axles and 315/70 R 22.5 TH:01 for tractor units) – tyres designed for use on motorways and trunk routes, which guarantee reduced wear on the tread pattern;
- ST:01 (435/50 R 19.5, 445/45 R 19.5, 245/70 R 17.5) for use on trailers and semi-trailers.
Pirelli’s motorbike tyres can also be seen on the Italian firm’s stand:
- Diablo Rosso Corsa (190/55 ZR 17) – a high performance tyre for road and track use, developed for motorbikes both with and without fairings;
- Night Dragon (240/40 VR 18) – developed to offer excellent performance for bikers who love custom bikes such as Harley Davidson;
- Scorpion Trail (190/55 ZR 17) – a road-going enduro tyre, designed for trail bikes that are mostly used on the road;
- Scorpion MX 554 Mid Hard (110/85 – 19 =>Breite 127mm, Umfang 692mm) – developed for medium and hard terrain, taking in sand and gravel surfaces as well as the stony surfaces often found on motocross circuits.
EUROPEAN LABEL. Some aspects of the performance of the new Cinturato P7 Blue are summarised by the new European label. This will become compulsory for all tyres supplied to cars and commercial vehicles from 1 November 2012. The latest addition to the Cinturato range claims top marks in rolling resistance and wet braking – ‘AA’ and ‘AB’ in different sizes– underlining the cutting edge technology within Pirelli’s premium tyre range, of which the new Blue is an important part. Pirelli’s ecological truck tyres also take maximum scores: the Super Single ST:01, for example, is rated ‘A’ in wet grip, while the FH:01 scores ‘B’ in rolling resistance. The full scores for Pirelli’s entire truck range will be available from 1 July.