SCORPION™ WINTER has been designed to fit modern SUVs and CUVs, with a special focus on the high-end segment and provides an important contribution to the drivers’ safety as it guarantees maximum stability and control in snow, wet and dry conditions.
- Best in class on snow (braking, handling and traction)*; CERTIFIED BY
- Excellent braking and handling (in wet and dry conditions at low temperatures);
- Lower noise and rolling resistance.
* The SCORPION™ WINTER was rated highest overall in terms of braking, handling, traction in snow conditions, compared with its main competitors. Test conducted by TÜV SÜD Automotive (Report No. 76247759PQ-01) in February/March 2012 on 255/55R18 109 V M+S. Tires available and purchased in the European market in January 2012. Test vehicle Audi Q5. Snow test location: Arctic Falls (SE).
The goal is no fear in down-hill braking and cornering in winter road conditions, whilst maintaining total control.
|1a - Directional & symmetric tread pattern design |
1b - Modular block geometry
1c - Sipe layout
|- Sipes catch the snow that, thanks to the directional tread, remains uniformly held on the tire surface; |
- Optimised and balanced braking forces.
|Improved handling on snowy surfaces and reduces the braking distance in all winter driving conditions. |
Improves traction, lateral force during cornering, slalom and lane change situations.
|2 - Circumferential grooves: two and four groove version||Improves water expulsion||Excellent wet handling and wet braking performance|
|Magazine||Issue||Pattern & size||Vehicle||Result|
Selecting a vehicle the interactive application will show you the Pirelli tyre most suited to your vehicle according to its technical features and homologation and a list of sizes that can replace those originally fitted.
These results are provided AS AN INDICATION and, BEFORE purchasing the tyres, BE SURE TO CONSULT a Pirelli dealer in order to check the technical and legal constraints that may be an obstacle to the replacement proposed.
More info: Legal information
Voted by 28 users.