"Pirelli bases the excellence of its products and services on non-stop innovation. Its goal is to anticipate customers' needs and meet their demands with an immediate and professional response that is delivered with propriety, courtesy, and unstinting cooperation." (Ethical Code, Customers ).
Customer orientation, a key aspect of The Values and Ethical Code of the Pirelli Group, presumes that Pirelli has a constant and on-going commitment in terms of:
- comprehension of the market context in which the Group operates;
- consideration of the impact of the Group's actions and behavior on the customer;
- exploitation of every opportunity offered by doing business to satisfy the customer's needs;
- "anticipation" of customer needs;
- top product quality, as well as excellence of production systems and processes;
- constant focus on performance to satisfy customer performance and safety expectations;
- excellence and competitiveness on the market to offer customers quality products and services that efficiently satisfy their demands.
|The Group Customers||Green Performance||Quality and Certifications||Safety culture|
Pirelli is highly committed to the dissemination of road safety culture, by offering pro-active global contributions to the “Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020” sponsored by the United Nations and World Health Organization. Pirelli is also highly focused on the objectives to reduce road accidents imposed by the European Commission through the European Road Safety Charter, of which it is a subscriber.
According to research by the World Health Organization, about 1.3 million persons lose their lives every year due to road accidents worldwide. Unless prevention measures are taken, this figure will rise to 1.9 million in 2020. Road accidents are the primary cause of mortality for people aged 15-29.
To this must be added the number of persons injured, estimated between 20 and 50 million annually, with a social and economic impact that is estimated to be between 1% and 3% of the gross domestic product in certain countries.Genuinely sustainable mobility can be pursued when products that are safe for persons and the environment are accompanied by responsible and aware conduct by consumers. For Pirelli , working to disseminate road safety culture is an issue of substantial social responsibility.