"Pirelli bases the excellence of its products and services on non-stop innovation. Its goal is to anticipate customers' needs and meet their demands with an immediate and professional response that is delivered with propriety, courtesy, and unstinting cooperation." (Ethical Code, Customers ).
Customer orientation, a key aspect of The Values and Ethical Code of the Pirelli Group, presumes that Pirelli has a constant and on-going commitment in terms of:
- comprehension of the market context in which the Group operates;
- consideration of the impact of the Group's actions and behavior on the customer;
- exploitation of every opportunity offered by doing business to satisfy the customer's needs;
- "anticipation" of customer needs;
- top product quality, as well as excellence of production systems and processes;
- constant focus on performance to satisfy customer performance and safety expectations;
- excellence and competitiveness on the market to offer customers quality products and services that efficiently satisfy their demands.
|The Group Customers||Green Performance||Quality and Certifications||Safety culture|
The business of Pirelli Tyre is divided into two main segments: Consumer (tyres for cars, SUV, light commercial vehicles and motorcycles) and Industrial (tyres for buses, trucks, agricultural machinery and steelcord).
These businesses are focused in turn on two different sales channels:
- Original Equipment, which directly serves the world’s leading car and truck makers;
- Replacement, for the replacement of tyres on motor vehicles that are already in circulation.
A macro-distinction can be made between “Specialised Resellers” and “Distributors” in the “Replacement” channel.
Specialised Resellers are tyre specialists that operate as independent businesses. They are a key point of contact between the Group and end customers.
“Distributors” are key partners of Pirelli in guaranteeing continuous supply of tyres to specialised resellers, by offering local delivery and distribution services throughout the whole territory.
In addition to the Business Tyre customers, there is a heterogeneous group of customers classified in the “other businesses” category, which is a quality niche comprised of:
- Pirelli & C. Ambiente, active in the waste-to-fuel and photovoltaic renewable energy sectors and in environmental clean-up;
- P Zero, an interdisciplinary project with an hi-tech spirit, bringing together marketing and fashion while being firmly rooted in industrial design.