For the seventh consecutive year, Pirelli has been confirmed in the twice-yearly review of Financial Times sustainability indices FTSE4Good World and STOXX, which measure corporate performance in terms of respect for international standards of economic, social and environmental sustainability. British independent research provider Eiris, working for the Financial Times, evaluated among other corporate characteristics: sustainable supply chain management, ethical behaviour rules, means of prevention and management of risk, environmental impact management and relations with stakeholders. The review did not admit new companies to the Automobiles & Parts segment of the indices, continuing to include Pirelli as the only Italian company included in that segment.
Three agreements for reducing polluting emissions and distributing antiparticulate filters were signed today in Beijing by Pirelli:
with the the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea, the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People’s Republic of China in the presence of the Italian Minister, Stefania Prestigiacomo, Chinese authorities, and the Chairman of the Pirelli Group, Marco Tronchetti Provera. The agreement foresees collaboration among the three parties in development of projects for distribution of filter systems for reduction of particulate emissions from diesel vehicles already in circulation (‘retrofit’) and introduction of technologies and advanced products, as the Pirelli products have been shown to be following tests and pilot projects already completed. Part of the environmental cooperation program launched by the two ministries in 2000, the agreement focuses on the five provinces recently singled out by the Chinese government for adoption of measures to limit circulation of polluting vehicles, among which Shandong (the location of the Pirelli plant).
between the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea, the Municipality of Beijing and Pirelli Eco Technology to support installation of filters on polluting vehicles circulating in Beijing, is part of this commitment. The agreement follows the completion of a pilot project launched in 2008, which brought homologation of the filters produced by the Pirelli Group, thanks to their particular technological characteristics. The city of Beijing has already ordered a significant quantity ofPirelli Eco Technology filter systems which will be fitted on buses in the capital city.
with Hixih Group(previously the Yinhe Group), already a partner of Pirelli since 2005 in tyre manufacturing, to build a plant for manufacturing of filters in Yanzhou, in the province of Shandong.
The new factory, whose construction is expected to begin in the first quarter of2010, will be located in the same area where the manufacturing sites developed by the two partners for production of truck and car tyres were built, and will thus create a diversified industrial hub able to profit from synergies in manufacturing and distribution of the two products. The investment, already included in the 2009-2011 industrial plan, will take into account the evolution of the market and could reach 50 million euros in three years, with manufacturing capacity of around 100,000 filters per year and approximately 1200 employees. The industrial site currently uses advanced manufacturing technology and represents a manufacturing, logistics and commercial hub for the entire Asia-Pacific region for the Pirelli Group. Today about 60% of Pirelli’s overall production in China is for the local market, while the remaining 40% is exported to other Asia-Pacific markets.
The new Pirelli World gives voice to the changes taking place in the various businesses of the Group, and interviews Marco Tronchetti Provera, chairman of Pirelli, and Maurizio Boiocchi, Pirelli Tyre’s director of Product development, who tell of the strategies, the projects and the people working on Pirelli’s future.
Green performance is the Group’s password by which to affront the recession and sustain global competitiveness. In Pirelli World, the commitment of Pirelli Eco Technology in Holland and China through interviews with Davide Fedeli and Francesco Ceriani.
Working Pirelli: 137 years of work in the factories of the world told by a book, an exhibition and a conference. The Pirelli Foundation is born for the promotion of Pirelli’s business culture.
The search for excellence never stops. At B.U. Moto they change the approach to sales with a new training programme for the whole commercial structure.
How do you achieve 40% of market share? The Petinsa-Pirelli case: focus on model distribution in Uruguay.
And then from Brazil the backstage pictures of the 2010 Cal, the Pirelli PZERO collection for the next season and much, much more…