DOW JONES SUSTAINABILITY INDEXES 2015: PIRELLI INDUSTRY LEADER IN ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND REPORTING, CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP, HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN RIGHTS GOVERNANCE
The results of the RobecoSAM assessment, released in September 2015, show Pirelli’s leadership in the ATX Auto Components industry in the following categories:
- environmental management systems;
- environmental reporting;
- corporate citizenship and philanthropy;
- human capital development;
- labour practice indicators and human rights.
The Company was also close to the industry’s top scores in the following:
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- Climate Strategy;
- Supply Chain management;
- Codes of Conduct/Compliance/Corruption & Bribery;
- Social reporting.
Pirelli has been included in Dow Jones Sustainability Indices since 2002 and has held the leadership for eight consecutive years.
The Dow Jones indices are revised every year by RobecoSAM, a Swiss asset manager which is responsible for the assessment, admission or exclusion of companies from the Dow Jones sustainability equity indices.